Lactobacillus is a type of beneficial bacteria commonly found in the human body, particularly in the digestive system and the vagina. While there are many different strains of Lactobacillus, a few specific strains have been shown to have a positive impact on vaginal health and help women with common vaginal infections like recurring bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections, and UTIs.
The vaginal microbiome is a complex ecosystem that is primarily composed of bacteria, with Lactobacillus being the dominant species. A healthy vaginal microbiome is essential for maintaining vaginal health and preventing infections such as bacterial vaginosis (BV), yeast infections, and UTIs. The vagina is also a host for some bad/harmful bacteria. When the harmful bacteria are in low numbers, both types of bacteria live in perfect harmony, however, when the harmful bacteria find a way to outgrow women often suffer from vaginal infections and discomfort.
Here are some ways in which Lactobacillus can help with vaginal health:
- Promoting a healthy pH balance: Lactobacillus produces lactic acid, which helps maintain a healthy pH balance in the vagina. A healthy pH balance is critical for preventing the growth of harmful bacteria and yeast that can cause BV, yeast infections, and UTIs.
- Production of bacteriocins: Lactobacillus also produces bacteriocins, which are antimicrobial compounds that help to control the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Competition for resources: Lactobacillus competes with harmful bacteria for resources in the vagina. By outcompeting harmful bacteria, Lactobacillus helps to prevent vaginal infections.
- Promoting a healthy immune response: Lactobacillus helps to promote a healthy immune response in the vagina. This helps the body to fight off infections and maintain vaginal health.
Now that you know the importance of Lactobacillus, you're probably wondering how you can ensure you have enough of this amazing good bacteria that will protect you from recurring BV, yeast infections, and UTIs.
While some women prefer to consume their good bacteria through their diet (for example, by eating yogurt on a daily basis), others prefer an easier way such as a vaginal pill or an oral pill.
We found that a vaginal probiotic pill can get messy and that eventually, most women will stop inserting it on a daily basis. That's why we're huge advocates of simply adding a probiotic oral supplement to your daily vitamin routine!
V-Luxe offers an amazing probiotic supplement that is already helping thousands of women in preventing and fighting recurring BV, yeast infections, and UTIs. Here's what's included in our probiotics:
1) High-potency probiotics, we offer a 15 Billion CFU probiotic (start with this lower dose if you've never taken probiotics in the past), and a 50 Billion CFU probiotic (a stronger formula that's great for women who are prone to BV, yeast infections, and UTIs).
2) We include prebiotics in our formula, prebiotics is the food for the good bacteria so it can colonize in your vagina successfully!
3) We include a CFU guarantee - this means that the CFU count advertised on our bottles will stay viable through the product's expiration date.
4) Our probiotics include strong good bacteria strains that have been tested and verified to survive extreme weather (for shipping purposes) and our stomach acid (so they can travel through the digestive tract successfully).
We also recommend monitoring your vaginal pH level to ensure the health of your vagina. Click here to purchase our pH level tester.